Teeth

 My book has a cover. Here is that cover. 


Isn't it great? 

It's both sinister and comic. And becomes stranger the longer you look at it. Those aren't false teeth in a glass. That is the grey, uneven smile of the water itself. See how it curls into lips under the coral castle teeth. It has a chin and possibly a tongue. Its aqueous cheek muscles push past the point of refraction, threatening to smash the glass. It's finding something very funny. 

I'm hoping it's the book, which is intended to be funny, as well as a fairly grueling meditation on mortality. But mostly funny. 

The cover's by Anne Marie Hantho, and to my eyes channels the work of Basil Wolverton, Jim Woodring and the great Ken Reid, of "Faceache" and "Frankie Stein" fame. In fact, it has the look of a Shiver and Shake cover. I can think of no higher praise. 

The book is out on the 15th April. Beware the Ides of April! The captain of the Titanic certainly should have - that's the day the boat sank. It's also the day my Grandmother was born. Same year too. That's 112 years ago now. 

I should say, I'm beyond excited. Especially now I can see the complete package. It's so great looking. 

The writing is excellent as well. I feel I should point that out. But you'll find that out in due course. Of course you will. 

https://www.saggingmeniscus.com/catalog/teeth/






Comments

Popular Posts