Arsebook more like of it.

 Things Facebook no longer does. 

*Alert me when someone has answered one of my posts. 

*Alert me when one of my posts has been liked. 

*Show me more than the same thirty people's posts again and again. 

*Allow me to tag certain people in posts without "at-ing" them. I don't know how it decides which people these are. 

*Show my posts to my "followers" (I'm not the Messiah). I assume. My friends tell me they never see my posts, but they may just be being kind, as another one of my dull "look-at-me" posts plops out like shit through a letterbox. 


Things Facebook has started doing. 

*If I'm typing and I get a message on Messenger, whatever I'm typing will immediately be switched to the the messenger reply box. Which is an innovation I can imagine no practical use for. 

*Not allowing me to post things because they're either "copyrighted materiel" or "they go against community standards". The latter was a BBC clip of  the Mari Lywd, the Welsh wassailing hobby horse. The clip was teatime viewing in the 60's but apparently too rich for Facebook's blood sixty years on. Though I'm regularly shown pictures of boiled dogs and blown up children without warning, by my progressive friends who think the problem is people are just NOT AWARE that the world is a horrible place.  

*Etiquette. People now seem to be commenting on my comments without liking the original comment. Well, I'm sorry. That's not how I was brought up. We live in a savage, brutalised world. We need to cling to niceties. What's wrong with you people? You "like" the comment and then you leave your comment. Unless it's abuse. Then you don't have to like the post. But I WILL unfriend you. 

*The other day Messenger - somehow a distinct entity from Facebook-Meta, but clearly a symbiotic one - tried to make me set up a password to access my messages on my phone. What fuckery is this? Enough with the endless fuckery. 

*Annoying me. 







Comments

Popular Posts