Etiquette

 Today's pet hate: people asking "What are you doing?" on a certain date. The bland, vagueness is treachery. It's not "Hey! I'm doing a specific thing on a specific date. Do you fancy joining me?" It's "I'm looking to safeguard that you have nothing in your diary, so you have no reason not to do the thing that I have planned for you." 

It's putting you on the wrong foot. It's sly. I don't like it. You're forcing me to invent some plausible lie and, as that's practically my job description, you're getting me to work for you for free. Not on.

Of course you might well say "What's the problem? If you don't want do the thing then don't do it. What's the problem? 

To which the only sensible reply is ARE YOU INSANE? They might be mildly offended. I CANNOT have that on my conscience.     

Comments

Popular Posts