The force that through the green fuse drives the flower

 For closure's sake...



I had my second jab. I had it in the same arena I had the last one, but it took half the time. The process was far slicker, and there were far fewer people there. Make of that what you will. The music was still abysmal. The Red Hot Chili Peppers is the last thing you want to hear when...well, its just the last thing you want to hear. 

That's all my jabs now. I don't suppose I'll get another one, unless the government roll out a booster for the winter (future spikes are already being anticipated). I can still get Covid, of course, but I'm far less likely to die of it now. Not that it was ever that likely I'd die of it. But think of poor Eddie Large, you mockers. He died for your unwashed hands. He stepped back in amazement for the last time. 

No real symptoms. I had bugger all symptoms with the first one either, just a sore arm and cold hands. I felt mildly hungover when I wasn't mildly hungover. This time I had hot ears the day following the jab, but that was it. 

Susan and I left the SSE arena and went into town. We wandered around a bit, went to the Mac but I didn't want to give them my name, address and telephone number just so Susan could use the loo. So we went to the Sunflower, where we had to do all that but at least I got a glass of wine out of it (sorry, Sunflower, I hate all your beers). We were latterly joined by Joe and Emma, and the whole thing felt almost normal, in a way that hasn't been slightly normal for fifteen months. 

It's going to take time. I've been hidden away too long. I'm dipping my toe in the pool and it still seems decidedly chilly. There is a lack of trust in other people I have to overcome. And just their nearness, their presence. I've been near no one but Susan for a year and a half. But I'll get there. I have to go to a restaurant next. I fear that will be quite the test. 

Comments

Popular Posts