Guilty Swerves

Please never recommend anything to me or attempt to introduce me to someone you think I'll really get on with. I won't. I'm not being deliberately awkward - at least not consciously - but it just never seems to work out. Except with Ben. Hi Ben.



I am an awkward sod. Sorry.

Here are some popular things that don't chime with me. Sorry not sorry.

* I have never listened to The National
* I have never listened to Built To Spill
*I have never listened to Guided By Voices
*I have never seen Game of Thrones
* I have never seen Better Call Saul
*I have never seen The Godfather II
*I have never sat through a whole Scandi noir.
*I've never seen Daniel Kitson
*I've never enjoyed Simon Munnery
*I've never read a Harry Potter book
*I've never seen a Harry Potter film.
*I've never posted an inspirational meme.
*While I have seen Westerns they are by far my least favourite genre of film.
*I have never been to a football match
*I don't care for Mexican food
*I don't care for "puddings"
*I don't like custard
*I don't care about cars
*I don't care about sport
*I've never read Henry James
*I don't really care for conceptual art
*I've never seen Derry Girls
*I've never seen an episode of Fleabag (though I saw ten minutes and that was actually pretty good)
*I've never been to the United States
*I've never seen Britain's Got Talent
*I've never watched golf
*I've never delivered a calf
*I've never had sex with a man (and frankly its a bit late in the day)
*I've never seen "Adventure Time"
*I've not seen any Star Wars movies after the first three*
*I've never read Proust
*I've never read The Brothers Karamazov
*I've never read Wuthering Heights
*I don't like Irish traditional music
*I can't be arsed with My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless"
*I've never seen a ghost
*While I have an album out I'm not on it
*While I have a book out I didn't write it
*I never liked Oasis
*I've never been to Germany
*I think Witchfinder General is over-rated
*I think Witchfinder General is not Folk Horror
*I think Michael Reeves is over-rated
*I think Everett de Roche is under-rated
*I've never had an Ulster Fry
* I don't like Guinness
*I don't like modern television
*I don't like modern music
*I don't like most comedy
*I don't like comedians
*I don't like most plays
*I've never seen the Goonies
*I've never seen Top Gun
*I've never seen Titanic
*I've never seen Pixar's Up
*I have seen Russ Meyer's Up
*I've never seen your favourite police procedural
*I think that Eastenders is the worst soap on Television
*I think that Doctors is the best soap on Television
*I've never read any Enid Blyton
*I've only seen two Quentin Tarantino films
*I've only seen five Martin Scorsese films (and one of those was Hugo)
*I have seen all of Peter Greenaway's films.
*Though I no longer really like Peter Greenaway's films.
*I think Hawk the Slayer is a good film
*I've never seen The Wicker Man
*Alright that last one was a lie

*Actually, I'm not sure I've ever seen Empire all the way through!



Comments

Popular Posts