Foughtnight

Yeah, well I've been sober for two weeks now. I'm at the halfway mark.



I mean I'm NOT - there are 31 days in this month - so I'm not even halfway through and technically tomorrow is a fortnight from when I first started doing this but its the 14th today and that's two weeks on anybody's calendar.

I feel okay now, actually. The insomnia has abated. I'm going for long walks and doing a lot of writing - you lucky people. I'm reading a lot. I mean - I'm pretty dull. I've gone out several times - the theatre, the pub, various places where drunks hang out and I've been fine. I've tried to get home early instead of wringing the slops out of the server's dishcloth. So that's something.

A few of my friends have called me "boring" and offered to buy me drinks but that's just the HILARIOUS Northern Irish sense of humour, and I appreciate that they had no intention of actually buying me a drink. I had asked that the value of a pint - five notes in some places - be given as a donation instead. I'm still waiting.

I haven't lost any weight, my cheekbones have not returned from their Viking leisure cruise and I'm not zinging with energy. But I feel okay. I shall probably make it for another two weeks, unless I go horribly off the rails.

But that's not the point. Just because I'm not racked with agonies doesn't mean you shouldn't donate. Go on - do it, if you haven't already. Its a great cause. https://www.gosober.org.uk/users/john-higgins-2


If you have - well gawd bless you. You're good, good people. 

Comments

Popular Posts